Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So many things to say!


Yesterday was a busy day, with lots happening, and lots to blog about. Unfortunately I was in Montreal, where due to temporary technical difficulties, I had no access to the internet. So no blog entry :( Hopefully all these pictures make up for it!

So first of all, yesterday I turned 10 weeks old. Double-digits (unless you're counting in hex I guess)!!! I also went to my first doctor appointment, and got my first shot. I didn't really cry, I'm tough enough to handle one little needle :) But I managed to pee all over the scale that they weighed me on (Mom did warn them that leaving me naked like that was asking for trouble).

My new measurements are a little puzzling. You see, it appears that I have shrunk by 6 centimeters since my last appointment at 6 weeks. Apparently, the midwives and the nurse use very different approaches to measuring babies, resulting in big variance in results. The good news is that I haven't outgrown my baby car seat, as my official height is now 60 centimeters. I weighed in at 12lb 11oz (or 5.7kg for the metric crowd). Putting me at a proportional 75th percentile for both height and weight.

So after my appointment, Mom packed up the car to the roof (apparently we need 10 bags for an overnight stay!), and we headed to Montreal to my maternal grandparents' house. Even though I was a tiny bit grumpy from getting vaccinated earlier in the day, I still had a lot of fun. I got to see my grandparents, and my aunts and uncle. I hear the dinner was delicious as well, though as usual I was kept on strict Mommy milk diet. Not even a piece of cheesecake!

And today we're back home, chillin'. This weekend I will get to meet my other aunt and uncle from London, as well as a great-aunt and great-uncle who live right here in the city. Can't wait (I'm such a social butterfly)!

2 comments:

marge said...

it was awesome seeing you!! can't wait for the next time.
i love (you) lucy! ;)

marge said...

psssst... lucy... it's your mom's birthday! give her a big kiss :)