Monday, July 7, 2008

Letter from Mrs. Rabbit

Dear Bunny,

Today, you are turning 6 months old. It's very hard for me to believe that it's already been 6 months since you made your grand entrance into this world. I remember very well the moment I first laid eyes on you. The nurse and midwives were asking me whether I had already figured out your gender (we had kept it a surprise), but all I could do was marvel at all of your wonderful, tiny, perfectly formed features and being amazed at how beautiful and amazing you were. I eventually figured out that you were a girl, just as your Dad had always predicted :) I held you in my arms, and you looked up at me with your beautiful blue eyes, and I just cried pure tears of joy.

In the six months you've been here with us, you have taught me so much. I've learned how sweet and determined and curious and patient you are. I've discovered your Dad can be more gentle, tender and protective, than I've ever suspected. I found out I can be way more vulnerable than I'd like to admit, but you've also shown me that I can be strong and resourceful. I found out that I can easily survive having my night's sleep interrupted every 3 hours. I found out that baby poop really isn't that unpleasant to deal with. I found out I can talk for hours about you and all the things that you surprise me with every day. Your smiles and laughs melt my heart, and I am so much richer for having you in my life. Your Dad and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect daughter!

Happy 6 months my little Bunny. I'm looking forward to all the milestones that are still ahead for you!

Your Mom.

No comments: